Thursday 12 January 2017

Herbalist and Commercial driver arrested over the murder of Uniosun Student, Damilola.

Men of the Department of State Services in Osun State have arrested a herbalist and commercial driver
in connection to the kidnap and murder of Miss Damilola Rofiat Adebisi. Befor her death, Damilola was a 400l Science Education student of Osun State University. the driver named Elijah Oyebode confessed to hypnotising Damilola after she entered his taxi from Ipetu Ijesa to Osogbo. he said the herbalist had given him a charm with which to hypnotise any young lady who had not given birth and deliver her for a fee of tenthousand naira.
driver elijah said he placed the charm in his pocket and only had to make bodily contact with the deceased to get her hypnotised. he confessed to driving her in his taxi to the residence of the herbalist in Ikirun after other passengers in his vehicle had highlighted. after delivering the poor girl to the herbalist, Elijah said he threw her luggage into a nearby busy except  her phone but not before removing the sim card. He proceeded to sell the phone with the help of his friend, Yusuf for twenty thousand Naira. 
the herbalist allegedly used Damilola for some ritual purpose before dumping her body by the roadside. Damilola was reported missing on the 22nd of December. Her corpse was later discovered by the roadside along Ikirun/Iragbiji road after a couple of days. 
here is excerps from Elijah's confession (source: Daily trust) 
 “I took her (Rofiat) from Ipetu-Ijesa. There were other passengers in my vehicle that day. The girl matched the specification that Ifa (herbalist) gave me. Ifa said I should bring a lady that has never bore a child. When I saw the student, I was sure very that she had not given birth to a child”.

He continued “Ifa had given me a charm that I will use to hypnotise any lady that I want to bring. He said once I put the charm in my pocket, I only need to have body contact with the lady and she would be hypnotised. The charm was already in my pocket when I saw the lady and I ensured that my body touched her. From there, she didn’t know anything again.

“After dropping other passengers at the various destinations, I took the lady to Ifa at his house in Ikirun and he received her and gave me N10,000. I pity the lady when I was leaving because I knew she would not come out alive. My conscience was telling me that what I did was bad”.

“When I left Ifa’s house, I went to a bush to dump the lady’s luggage which contained some clothes. Few minutes later, her phone started ringing. I knew her people must be looking for her. I took the phone to Yusuff to help me sell it. I told Yusuff that a passenger forgot the phone in my vehicle”.

“The phone kept ringing and I later picked it. Yusuff told me that it was dangerous to receive the call because they could use it to trace us. I removed the SIM card and threw it away instantly to prevent her people from reaching us. We sold the phone for N20,000. We shared it N10,000 each”.

While speaking with Daily Trust, the herbalist said the driver was telling lie and that Elijah was just his contract driver that he used occasionally.
DSS officials have disclosed that they obtained incriminatory evidence against herbalist Jelili. 

No comments:

Post a Comment